Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bleeble Blabble and Bangs


I've often thought that as a mother of a toddler, a "Bleeble Blabble to English" dictionary might be useful. Problem is, that with every child, the dictionary changes. Here are a few translations I have made note of for the third edition of "Bleeble Blabble to English Dictionary" ....

  • fiest = fast
  • ah-phlumb = awesome
  • uh-key = lucky
  • uth-pen = open
  • guck, guck, GUCK, I GUCK! = stuck, stuck, STUCK, I'M STUCK!
There are many others I can't recall at this moment, those are just a few that stand out to me. Especially the stuck, stuck, STUCK, I'm STUCK reference. My immersion into this foreign language has been a trial by fire, as of late since Noe isn't exactly the best communicator of my three children.

Yesterday, while fighting off fever (albeit happily) Noe was playing in the dollhouse my Dad had built for Capi this past Christmas. Happy, quiet playing turned into shrieks of "guck, guck, GUCK et. al" He'd somehow managed to get his arm through one of the windows, and then out another - but couldn't pull it back through as he'd gone in.

This momentary crisis was solved by lots of Jergen's "Skin Firming" lotion and a little soothing patience on my part.

In other news, Capi asked for a "big girl haircut" and since I'd been warned by family members that if I seriously touched her hair with a pair of scissors that I'd be beaten redder than a baboon's ass (true story) I opted for a trim and bangs.

I'm truly surprised at how much older she looks. Ralph nearly cried when he came home from work yesterday and saw her.

No comments: