Friday, August 14, 2009

Cleaning House ... Getting Started

Gather up your tools!

  1. Empty Laundry Basket "The Go Back Basket"
  2. Empty Small to Medium Trash Can
  3. Vacuum (yep, I have a Dyson...that's how I roll!)
  4. Caddy filled with your supplies
  • Wad of paper towels
  • Window cleanser
  • Squeegee
  • Generic counter top cleanser
  • Carpet spot treatment
  • Micro-fiber dust rag
  • Dusting solution
  • Swiffer sweeper dust brush
  • Febreeze
  • Empty large cup
  • Sponge/scrub brush
  • Wet soapy rag
I wear my sneakers to clean & I do stretch out before I clean. It is a workout, and I am serious about it!

I drag all of my supplies from room to room as I work. Which eliminates the need to stop what I am doing to go and get my dust rag, vacuum or throw something away.

The Go Back Basket

The empty laundry basket is what I call the "Go Back Basket". I bring this along with me from room to room, and when I come along something that needs to be put away (i.e. sneakers in the living room, etc etc) it gets thrown in the basket. This eliminates the need to stop cleaning to go put said item away. As I continue to clean the house, when I stop in the room certain items belong in, I can deposit them there.

No comments: