Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This Day Starts In a Fog

I am starting today in somewhat of a fog.

On Monday I had a tension headache that morphed into a classic 5-Alarm migraine by 3p.m. By 4p.m. none of my home remedies appeared to be working so I waved the white flag of surrender & called into Kaiser. "No appointment needed for Urgent Care clinic" is what they told me, so I thought "great, I'll pack a diaper bag & have the kids ready to walk out the door in 15 minutes when Ralph gets home."

Unfortunately for all of us, Ralph ended up working an hour of overtime and did not call to notify me until he had already worked his hour. By the time he'd arrived home I was already vomiting with the kids underfoot. Into the car we all go, barrelling down 99 in record timing.

By 6:30p.m. I'd been injected with a phenegren/dilaudid cocktail strong enough to bring an elephant down.

Suffice to say that the last 24 hours have been somewhat of a blur. I slept on and off for most of the day yesterday, with Ralph watching the children.

I've been awake now for almost an hour and a half and am still a little hungover from all the drugs.

No comments: